Sunday, July 3, 2011

Terrible day for Waverley

Waverley is doing great. We started puppy kindergarten on Wednesday and she was a pro. She is a saucy girl and doesn't like sitting still, but is catching on to commands and the house training thing. She already sleeps through the night and is fitting in with the pack here. Her favorite friend is my Sphynx cat Peach. They wrestle on the floor and chase each other around the living room. We had a couple of bumps earlier in the week. While out for a walk she was ran over by my other dog and started limping. I crated her for the night, but when it wasn't better by the next morning I brought her into my work to see if they'd want to do an xray. The vet moved her leg through it's full range of motion and said it's most likely she just brusied her shoulder. Thank goodness, I felt sick to my stomach bringing her in but didn't want to do the whole "wait and see" thing I would normally do with my other dogs. Since we were there anyways, and got the go ahead, I had her vaccinated. Unfortunately she ended up having a vaccine reaction and her left hip ended up swelling with a bump the size of a large egg and was very sore. Poor girl had a terrible day. Luckily puppies bounce back and she is 99% back to normal already. We will split up her last set of vaccines, pre-treat with benedryl and hopefully avoid another reaction. Never a dull moment around here!



1 comment: