Sunday, January 17, 2010

Boarder Crossing

Hunter made it to his new home today, despite my abcent mindedness. His new family doesn't have passports, so I volunteered to deliver him to Canada seeing I have one. Unfortunatly I was within 70 miles of the boarder before I realized I had left my passport in our hotel room in Puyallup!! Many phone calls and a 1/2 hour break in a rest area later, we decided to forge ahead and just see what we could figure out. Hunter's new family had beet me to the boarder and already visited with the Canadan side about our delema. Luckily the Candadians are very kind and obviouse dog lovers! They allowed us to do the transaction in their building, then I received a nice speach from the USA boarder protrol.

When Hunter first met his family he was all wags and quickly gave them kisses. His new family seemed very pleased with him as well. We now have our fingers crossed that they will be a fantastic match and will have a very long love affair.

One of the several items I forgot to take with me was my camera, so I've asked his new family to please send me a photo as soon as they can so I can post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment