Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cinder update

Cinder is doing great - she is the most inquisitive puppy I have ever had - nothing is scary to her - I have a built in vacuum system and I hit the switch and she stuck her nose in the opening in the wall while it was running - our other dogs always run from it when it is running.

She is also Miss Queen Bee in the house - my Mother In Law's dogs are terrified of her - the moment she heads for them they are heading away from her. My old black lab is being pretty tolerant of her when she climbs all over her except she has informed the puppy that her tail is off limits. All in all the four dogs are doing great.

We have her pretty well house broken except when I let my husband and son watch her then all bets are off. But she is starting to whine when she needs to go (once) and out the door we go.

She is sleeping in her crate in our room at night from about 10:30 pm to about 3 am when she whines - I take her out and then back in the crate she goes - she then sleeps until about 4:30 am when my husband and I get up to get ready for work. Then my Mother In Law takes over.

We also use a playpen for when we want to confine her for a short period of time during the day - cleaning up things we don't want her in, if she is getting out of control (rambuctious) and it is easier for my Mother In Law to put her in the playpen instead of the crate.

She is very smart - she always shows us where her food is kept when it is time to eat.

We have had so much fun with her and yes her little needle sharp teeth are out in force. We are working on getting her to quit using us as chew toys.

She is getting her next series of shots on Monday and everyone at the vet office just loves her. She has met both of our neighbors and all of Riley's friends and girlfriend. They are always coming over and trying to steal her.

I brought out Spooky's tunnel and oh boy have we had fun with that - she races thru it then races around the house to race back through it again. She does it about 4 times before she flops down exhausted. Tonight we were in hysterics. My 6 ft 2 in son crawled in the tunnel and Cinder shot in it after him - then he starts yelling for help because she is all over him and he is trapped - the tunnel is rolling through the living room with all of us laughing so hard.

Cinder is such a love bug (when she isn't trying to chew us to death) - every since the first day we brought her home she is a couch dog - when she wants to nap she goes over to the couch and puts her front feet up on it then turns and looks at us - yips once and waits for us to boost her up - she loves sleeping next to our black lab who is also napping.

My husband is particularly happy with her - he loved our other dalmation and he has spent alot of time with her. Our partner in our Christmas tree farm asked Jim why he would want to raise another puppy and he answered because she is a Dal and we love her. It was too cold last weekend to take her down to our little tree house to do tree sales but this weekend the weather looks pretty good so the playpen, toys and Cinder will hopefully be going down to help sell trees.

I think she is going to fit in just fine with us. As soon as she has had all her shots - I am going to sign her up for the puppy social group I found.

Take care and thank you again for allowing us to get Cinder from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment